Urgent Need - Community Relations Marketing Assistant
Summary: The Community Relations Marketing Assistant is a permanent full time position. The primary function is to actively represent the chamber in the community, to its members and to provide a variety of general office functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key point of contact for members, Board, staff, and other constituents in a professional, courteous and helpful manner;
- Member Relations – recruit/sell new members, foster good Chamber/member relationships;
- Community Relations – represent the chamber at community events and programs and to groups and potential sponsors;
- Sponsorships – actively garner sponsors for chamber;
- Help with event planning and implementation of Chamber member events and ribbon cuttings; and community events;
- Facilitate marketing and communications functions of the Chamber
- Communicate with internal and external audiences of the Chamber through a variety of medium and face-to-face
- Collateral materials – brochures, newsletters, and all collateral material of the Chamber
- E-Marketing, internet marketing and social media
- Media relations
- Provide a wide range of administrative support including management of the Chamber calendar, scheduling meetings and events;
- Execute a variety of tasks crucial to the efficient operation of the Chamber Office;
- Ensure the Chamber runs smoothly by working collaboratively and maintaining an upbeat, positive, attitude and other administrative activities as assigned by the Executive Director;
- Limited evening and weekend work related to special events and meetings may be required
- At least three years of marketing, communications and administrative experience required;
- Marketing or Communications degree required or equivalent preferred;
- Familiarity with Mechanicsburg and/or its environs, experience with association or member organizations a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communications tools: internet and email required; experience with CS4/InDesign a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral formats;
- Highly organized and able to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities;
- Ability to work across a variety of projects and with diverse constituencies;
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a changing environment;
- Demonstrated organizational skills required;
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume with salary requirements and references by Friday, August 18, 2023.
Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce Personnel Committee
6 W Strawberry Ave
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
All Positions – Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Dishwasher, hostess, grill cooks, prep cooks, back-up cooks, retail store and night maintenance
- Full time positions available
- High school diploma or GED required
- Starting at $15, $16+ based on experience
- Rolling application deadline (no deadline)
- Currently offering a $500 sign-on bonus in our Pittston clinic
- $250 1st paycheck
- $125 6 months
- $125 one year anniversary
- MAC offers paid training and covers the cost of the Registered Behavior Technician coursework and exam.
MISSION AUTISM CLINICS
200 BENT CREEK BLVD
MECHANICSBURG PA 17050
FirstLight Home Care is HIRING!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you want to feel rewarded for the care and comfort you provide to our clients? Do you want to work for a team that truly values its employees? If so, FirstLight would love to talk with you. We have immediate positions available today.
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive training (paid)
- Rewards & recognition
- Solid support team
Companion Care – Conversation and company, medication reminders, meal prep, light housekeeping, laundry service, shopping, errands, transportation, recreational activities, mail and paperwork organization, 24-hour care, family respite care
Personal Care – Bathing and grooming, oral hygiene, walking and mobility assistance, transfer and posture positioning, continence and toileting care, and eating assistance.
Our FirstLight territory includes the areas of:
At FirstLight, we believe in taking really good care of the people who take care of our clients. Our caregivers are the heart and soul of our company and we are dedicated to finding the kind of people we would trust with our own families. Extraordinary people who will deliver exceptional care. For more information about us, please visit www.westshore.FirstLightHomeCare.com.
FirstLight Home Care policy states that services are provided, and referrals and employment actions are made without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, handicap or age.
Please contact us today!
Community Participation Instructors/Aides
CPARC is seeking employees for a day program that serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Duties include: assisting participants with community based activities, learning positive behaviors and using community resources. Part-time positions available in Mechanicsburg and Carlisle. Instructors start at $13.22/hr and Aides start at $11.02/hr. HS diploma/GED and a valid driver’s license may be required. Experience is preferred.
Apply online at www.cparc.org
Questions about this opening? Contact
Laura Belanger at LBelanger@cparc.org
Salaried Exempt Position – $50,000-$53,000
- Medical, vision, dental benefits
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flex scheduling
YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County is seeking an energetic, engaging team member who is committed to helping move the YWCA mission forward. This candidate should have management & leadership experience in fundraising, business development, communications. This position oversees all aspects of fund development within the organization and works closely with the Executive Director and community partners to implement fundraising programs. This includes event fund raising, grant writing & management, donor database management, corporate and individual donor solicitations. Position is the lead staff member to do community outreach, PR, networking as a means to broaden the YWCA network of support. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Research and identify grant opportunities for YWCA programs. Prepares applications for submission and follows up with all required contracts and subsequent reporting.
- Creates & implements all aspects of Annual Fund Raising Campaigns.
- Develops corporate and community relationships to generate interest and support for critical YWCA services. Maintain communication & relationship with individual and corporate donors
- Responsible for helping create and define corporate levels of giving and benefits, tracking donors and preparing necessary reports for Board and annual report.
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events in conjunction with committees, committee chairs and appropriate staff. Includes the development of marketing materials, event logistics & event promotion.
- Attend community/partners events to broaden the YWCA network: Chamber functions, UW functions, LC functions, PFBH functions, etc.
- Secure volunteers to serve on committees & manage fund development related committees
- Create plan for agency communications (create process and protocols) & social media to broaden the access for service
- Oversee database and database management. Oversee recording of donors for all fundraising campaigns, events and corporate sponsorships for inclusion in annual report.
- Oversee donor acknowledgements for all incoming contributions
- Participate in staff meetings and Association events as required.
- Previous experience in fund raising/grant and proposal writing – 3 yrs
- College experience
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit or in business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to prepare funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
- Strong interpersonal and speaking skills conducive to networking, building relationships and making presentations
- Proven success in implementing development job functions
- Self-motivated individual, detail oriented, organized and a strong team player
- High level of energy and time commitment for demanding events including some weekend and evening hours; valid PA driver’s license
- Knowledge and expertise in database systems, tracking donors, analyzing data, use of Access and Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of social media management and marketing
- Ability to maintain accurate records, databases, reporting, etc
- Commitment to YWCA Mission of Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women
Director of Development
The Arc of Cumberland & Perry Counties (CPARC) is seeking a full time Director of Development to work out of our administrative office located in Carlisle. The mission of The Arc of Cumberland & Perry Counties (CPARC) is to empower, inspire, and educate people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families, and the community.
The Director of Development leads all fundraising and development for CPARC and the CPARC Foundation.
- Works with staff, volunteers and the community to secure charitable contributions to support the mission and vision of CPARC.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and works to identify and address organizational development issues that challenge health and effectiveness of the organization and the department.
- Responsible for the delivery of short and long term strategic and operational goals as assigned to the department.
- Works with the divisions at CPARC in planning of special events to present a consistent and unified approach to development within CPARC.
- Collaborates with agency staff on grants to fund equipment, services or programs.
- Serves as a liaison between the CPARC Board of Directors and the CPARC Foundation Board of Directors.
- Supervises the Public Relations Specialist to promote and enhance the positive image of CPARC through publications and materials.
- Coordinates the meetings of the PR/Development Committee with Board Members and volunteers.
- Creates a donor-centered approach to fundraising through a comprehensive relationshipbuilding and communication program.
- Cultivates corporate relationships and community support for fundraising, in kind donations and potential volunteers.
- Maintains the donor database for CPARC and the membership portal for The Arc US.
- Represents CPARC at various meetings to include United Way, Chambers of Commerce and other development oriented organizations. Coordinates CPARC’s United Way staff contribution campaign.
- Is active in speaking engagements to educate the public about CPARC’s mission, programs and services.
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years of progressive experience in development, fundraising and public relations work required. The ideal candidate will be engaging with a dynamic personality and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of non-profit businesses and the tricounty area is helpful. Must have excellent writing skills, be proficient with computers and the use of software including Microsoft Office and desktop publishing.
A salary of $47,359 per year. CPARC offers an excellent fully paid benefits package which includes health, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST for employee coverage, 3 weeks of vacation during your first year of employment, life insurance, long term disability, and retirement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Director of Resident Health Services
Premier Senior Living Community in Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania is seeking a Director of Resident Health Services
As part of a family of professionals committed to the highest standards of caregiving services. Ours is an ever-growing family that maintains a commitment to its residents and their families while supporting one another in our professional growth and personal success.
Every new opportunity builds our character and resolve.
- Current Pennsylvania LPN or RN License and minimum of one year experience in senior living or healthcare industry
- Ability to respond during off-duty hours to questions and emergencies
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws pertaining to 2600 Regulations for Personal Care Homes preferred
- Overall Management of Resident Health and Wellness of our Senior Living Community
- Supervise, Manage and Train Wellness Nurses, Med Techs and Resident Assistants
- Maintain Communications with Residents, Families and Physicians
- Participate in Manager on Duty Rotation
Submitting Your Application
To submit your application online, visit www.bridgesjobs.com
To apply for a position in person, please visit our community and speak with our Business Office Manager.
If you prefer, you may also send a hard copy of the application to us along with your resumé to the address below.
The Bridges at Bent Creek
c/o: Business Office Manager
2100 Bent Creek Blvd
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Enrollment and Match Specialist
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS
F/T 37.5 hrs./wk., Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region is seeking two Enrollment & Match Support Specialists, one located in the Harrisburg community and one in the Lancaster/Lebanon communities. Ideal candidates will possess intake / case management duties, coaching for success and creating positive relationships. Experience working with youth, knowledge of child development/behavior, bi-lingual a plus.
BA degree preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Great position at the heart of our mentoring mission.? Flexible, in-office & remote work schedule. Will require evening hours, occasional weekends.
Pay: $32,000.00 – $37,000.00 per year
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Flexible schedule, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday. Flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Zimmerman Plumbing and Heating is always on the lookout for good, hard-working people. Whether or not you are hoping to get into a trade, we may be looking for someone like you.
Candidates are required to pass a background check, physical, and drug test.
After a probationary period, we provide a full benefits package, uniforms, continuing education, and so much more.
If you or someone you know is looking for more than ‘just a job’, please submit a resume to email@example.com!
Community CARES Homeless Service (CARES) is a provider of emergency shelters for individuals and families in Cumberland County. Our mission is to serve and strengthen the community by providing emergency shelter, resources, and supportive services to individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness. We envision living in a community where all people have a place to call home, and everyone has a place to get support. With strong community support, we continue to expand our services. Our services include the prevention of homelessness, street outreach, and the Coordinated Entry Access site for all of Cumberland County. We also provide emergency shelters with comprehensive case management: in Carlisle, we shelter 40-50 in the men & women’s shelter and severe weather (November – March), and in Shippensburg, we shelter up to 17 families in the family shelter and 4 recuperative care beds.If you have a passion for helping others and want to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families experiencing homelessness, Community CARES has an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a part-time Grants Writer.
The Grant Writer will write persuasive and compelling grant applications and reports to foundations, corporate, and/or government funders to help Community CARES Homeless Services fulfill its mission.
Primary responsibilities include composing letters of intent, grant applications, and grant reports; assisting with program budgets and other supplemental documents; and supporting research and data collection efforts.
- Write compelling grant proposals and reports to foundation, corporate, and government funders
- Collaborate as needed with program and case management staff to understand and promote program outcomes or with the Finance department for budgeting specifics
- Assist with grant research, grant calendar management, organizational data collection, and other grantrelated cultivation and stewardship needs
- Assist with other development or communication tasks as needed
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree–preferably in English, communications, or other related disciplines–or equivalent years of experience.
- Excellent written communication skills as well as advanced proofreading and editing abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-prioritize.
- Experience with grants, reports, fundraisings, or issues related to CARES’ mission is preferred.
- Experience performing grant and donor research is preferred.
Other Position Requirements:
This position requires Strictness in the Confidentiality of all donors, clients, volunteers, and employee data.
HOURS OF WORK: 20-25 hours a week
Community CARES Homeless Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Part-time
50 W PENN ST
Health Coach/Business Development Manager
BeBalanced is looking for a motivated manager/ entrepreneur with a passion for helping and empowering other women. Our teams help women (and some men) identify symptoms of Hormone imbalances and walk with them on a holistic journey to live the highest quality of life at any age. This is a life changing system that affects your weight, sleep energy, depression and so much more. We accomplish life change in our clients through strategic health coaching, education and supplementation focused on hormone balance.
The ideal candidate is a vibrant, purpose driven woman with business savvy and impeccable customer service skills. She loves a challenge and is willing to network and assist with business development. She thrives on being part of a mission oriented organization! She’ll be responsible for managing a team, meeting with and coaching clients, and overseeing the day to day operations of retail locations. Rome for growth into additional responsibilities. Compensation includes an attainable performance based incentive structure and competitive salary.
Flexible schedule with some Virtual hours: Mon/Wed/Fri (9-5) Tues/Thurs (11-7) Some Saturdays as needed.
Assists the physician, along with other members of the team, in providing medical care to patients of the Orthopaeadic and/or Pain clinic. Assists with the maintenance of patients’ electronic medical records. Provides exceptional customer service to the patient, patient’s family and colleagues.QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited business school or college with focus in medical assisting preferred.
- Current Medical Assistant certification or an ability to obtain within (6) months of employment.
- Current certification in basic life support (BLS) required, or the ability to obtain before working independently with patients.
- Level I:
- May have limited experience working in a medical practice or hospital setting.Experience is generally acquired through the completion of an internship or externship as part of the business school or college program.
- Level II:
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Medical Assistant required with two years in an orthopaedic musculoskeletal group/facility preferred.
- Level II:
- Familiarity with general medical terminology, including but not limited to:body parts and orthopaedic-specific disorders.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and accurately use the electronic medical records system.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 80% of work time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes the patient to the clinical area by accompanying him/her to the examination room.
- Under direction of physician, assists in examination and treatment of patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vitals (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and accurately records information.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assists with removal of staples and/or sutures.
- Prepares injections and assists physician with administration of injections.
- Assists physicians in applying casts, splints, etc.
- Completes necessary documentation in the electronic medical recordkeeping system.
- Coordinates scheduling surgeries and appointments.
- Assists with patient inquiries regarding medication and post-operative treatment.
- Submits prescriptions to pharmacy as ordered by physician, both telephonically and electronically.
- Level II:
- Assists team leads with patient care duties, as delegated.
- Acts as agent for licensed provider.
- Travels to other locations as needed.
- When acting as Preceptor (after completing Preceptor training):
- Assists with the completion of the new hire’s orientation checklist. Collaborates with the Clinical Educator to create goals and monitor the new hire’s success in completing these goals.
- Serves as a role model and resource for the new hire. Uses resources appropriately to guide new hire through the on-boarding process. Assists new hire with transitioning to new work area, introducing him or her to peers, co-workers and the culture of the organization and department.
- Assesses the learning needs and readiness to learn of the new hire. Plans learning activities and experiences for the new hire to facilitate improvement to competencies. Teaches new skills and reinforces previous learning.
- Provides feedback and evaluates performance of the new hire.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Mortgage Underwriter will need to be well versed in first mortgage lending.
The purpose of the Mortgage Underwriter position is to underwrite first mortgages originated by the Credit Union within guidelines, to include Conventional, VA, USDA, FHA and Construction loans for both portfolio and secondary market mortgages. This position has no budgetary responsibility, has moderate supervision of work, and requires creative and complex thinking in order to perform the essential job functions.
The Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for independently underwriting loan files, assisting in secondary market activities, and participating in special projects. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing information and documentation, recommending alternative loan options, receiving and circulating information regarding secondary market underwriting guidelines for private and governmental investors, assisting in identifying which investor to use for each program, assisting with FHA loan delivery functions, maintaining Credit Union approval status with investors, and assisting in first mortgage special projects.
• Strong financial, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Proficient communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Advanced skills and knowledge of credit union products and services and industry regulations
• Working knowledge on current agency and investor underwriting guidelines and interpreting results from their automated underwriting system
• Strong skills and good working knowledge of mortgage origination software
• Ability to work independently, good time management skills, and critical thinking skills
• FHA and VA designations preferred
• Effective knowledge
• Accountability and self-management
• Teamwork and leadership
• Innovation and problem-solving
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Visually able to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading
• Ability to sit for extended time periods
• Sufficient manual skill for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment
• Ability to travel, including occasional overnight travel
• Ability to exert minimum amounts of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
3-4 years of experience in mortgage lending with knowledge of VA, FHA, USDA, Conventional and Construction mortgage guidelines
Maintains a modified Level 3 lending authority which will include the capacity of underwriting mortgage files which are in conformity to agency and investor standards and within their loan limitations
General and business knowledge equivalent to a high school diploma
⭐ Excellent benefits
⭐ 401(k) company match to 200% on the first 5% of eligible pay
⭐ Opportunities for growth and advancement
⭐ Remote capabilities
Members 1st Federal Credit Union
5000 Louise Dr
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
VIRTUAL CAREER/HIRING EVENT EVERY WEDNESDAY:
Virtual Walk in Wednesdays are being conducted via phone. Call us any Wednesday from 9am-4pm at 717-240-5364 or 717-240-6165 to learn about our exciting career opportunities! You can speak with a HR representative, complete an interview over the phone, ask questions, learn about our current employee retention bonuses, and maybe even be offered a job over the phone! No appointment Necessary! Start your #CareerofCaringatClaremont Today!
Looking for a GREAT job that you LOVE?? We are hiring!
The Carlisle Sports Emporium is now seeking the following positions for self-motivated, reliable, energetic, responsible, hard-working individuals. Availability must include evening & weekend shifts.
General Staff – Part-time or Full-time (Point of Sale, Track, LaserTag, Food Service)
ADULT Lead Positions Available!
Seeking candidates with strong communication skills. Applicant must show attention to detail, have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and excel in great customer interaction.
Need flexibility with your work schedule? Looking for a new career path? Enjoy helping people? Do you have experience preparing taxes?
We offer competitive pay, incentive pay opportunity, flexible schedules, and advanced tax training and certification. Classes are available at our local offices in Mechanicsburg, Shippensburg and Duncannon.
H&R Block offers a great class to help you master your annual return and maybe lead to a job.
H&R Block Shippensburg | 103 S Conestoga Dr, Shippensburg, PA 17257 | (717) 532-7744 | Summer Hours: Mon 10am-2pm; Thurs 2-6pm
H&R Block Duncannon | 1609 State Rd #105, Duncannon, PA 17020 | (717) 957-9940 | Summer Hours: Mon 10am-2pm; Thurs 3-7pm
H&R Block Mechanicsburg | 5258 Simpson Ferry Rd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 | (717) 766-0901 | Summer Hours: Tues 11am-6pm; Thurs 1-7pm
H&R Block Mechanicsburg | 4830 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 | (717) 737-0714 | Summer Hours: Mon 10am-4pm; Wed 11am-6pm
H&R Block Mechanicsburg | 6560 Carlisle Pike, Ste 225, Mechanicsburg, PA | (717) 620-8613 | Office reopening Jan 2019