COVID-19 Resource Guide
RESOURCES CONCERNING COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS
Below are links to major health and public authorities to assist in keeping you, your employees, customers and community ahead of the affects of the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus. These resources may be updated as conditions in the area change.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe (pdf)
CDC’s framework for mitigation (pdf)
Standard tips for personal protection:
• Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or use your inner elbow or sleeve.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home if you’re sick and keep your children home if they are sick.
• Clean surfaces in your home and personal items, such as cell phones, using regular household products.
Please support your fellow Chamber Members!
Restaurants/Catering offering Takeout + Grocery Info
Pennsylvania small businesses with 25 or fewer full-time employees, have annual revenues of $1 million or less, and were economically impacted by COVID-19 are encouraged to apply for relief.
Grant awards will range from $5,000 to $50,000. It is not a first-come, first-served program. There will be multiple rounds of application windows, and applications will be prioritized and selected for funding based on the program criteria.
The first application window opens today, June 30th and will remain open for ten business days. All eligible businesses must apply through a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in the county that their business is located.
- Extending the time to spend PPP funds from 8 weeks to 24 weeks;
- Lowering the amount that must be spent on payroll from 75% to 60%;
- Extending the deadline to restore FTEs and payroll from June 30, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2020; and
- Setting the repayment term for loans made after June 4, 2020 at five years.
Marriott / Hilton standards for travel (cleanliness practices)
In addition to the above brand mandates – this is what our three hotels in Mechanicsburg have rolled out:
*Utilizing hospital grade sanitation supplies in rooms
*All team members wearing protective gear (masks/gloves – depending on role)
*6ft distance barrier at front desk & furniture separation in lobby
* Sanitize stations & hourly sanitation in lobby
* Mitigating crowds in public space: To-Go breakfast and removal of coffee stations (we are serving our guests per order at front desk)
Town Hall with PA State Rep. Sheryl Delozier – Thursday, April 30 @ 12pm
Register in advance here. Zoom details will be provided upon registration.
SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan is designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. The SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities. An additional $310 billion has just been approved to extend the PPP through the U.S. Small Business Administration. Applications can be submitted today from participating program lenders and is on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to begin preparing your application, you can download a copy of the PPP borrower application form to see the information that will be requested from you when you apply with a lender. To find eligible PPP lenders near you, visit the U.S. Small Business Administration website and type in your zip code.
Order of the Secretary of the PA Dept of Health directing public health safety measures for businesses permitted to maintain in-person operations
Save Small Business Fund – Marketing & Communications Toolkit
NEW – Guide to Coronavirus Paid Leave Programs
Coronavirus Small Business Guide
Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program Guide
Employee Retention Tax Credit Guide